Recent Blue screen trouble

Dieses Thema im Forum "Overclocking & Cooling" wurde erstellt von TPU, 15. Juni 2018.

1. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Your overclock is not stable. Were you running Prime small fft? Are you running 2 4gb sticks or 4 1gb sticks?

2. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    2 2gb sticks. I'll try memtest too, I just got the software. I've been outta town so i haven't been working on it.

3. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I kept getting those... and it was my RAM... 3-4-4-10 wasn't a good combo @ DDR2-800. lol.

4. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    also, I just noticed OCZ ram has a history of performing at one slot below what it's labeled at and it seems mine falls under this. It's labeled at ddr2-1066, but a memory analyzer said my ram was DDR2-800. I've since lowered the frequency, but I got another blue screen. I always get one about an hour into playing any PC game, emulators seem to work fine for hours.

Also, the last two blue screen haven't cited any specific error. Just the blue screen, with a couple locations in memory. does this mean it's no longer a PAGE_FAULT... error?

Also, I lowered the FSB frequency to see if I get a stable clock, since lowering the ram frequency didn't seem to alleviate the problem.

5. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    What memory analyser are you using? 1066 RAM usually shows up as 800 when the SPD is read. you need to check the EPP section of the SPD to confirm it's 1066.

Memset or spdtool reads the whole SPD.

6. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I was using rightmark. I'll look into that too. If I have 1066, I certainly don't want to run it at 800. Also, I got 2 and half hours into a gaming session with no blue screen at 3.6 GHz. Seems like it might just be an unstable overclock.