oc'ing AMD Phenom 9600 Quad core

Dieses Thema im Forum "Overclocking & Cooling" wurde erstellt von Uptime73, 14. Juli 2009.

1. Uptime73

Uptime73 Guest

Hello all. I just upgraded my Intel Processor to AMD Phenom 9600 quad core. What way would you suggest that I go about overclocking it? AMD has it's own oc'ing software, Overdrive. Should I use that or do it manually? Also should I start out by changing th bus or the multiplier? Thanks.

- Josh

[trace]99243[/trace]

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 30. November 2018
  2. SammySmythey

SammySmythey Guest

Game DVR doesn't work and my PC meets specifications!

Hello all

I am trying to record gameplay but my pc says that it can't record but it should meet specifications!

My PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 (quad core @3.0ghz)

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250 2gb (oc to 1100mhz)

RAM: 4gb DDR3 1600mhz

500gb 7200RPM hard drive

Please help me as i would like to record my games because i can do recordings in fraps and it works flawlessly

3. PC not working after recent update

It is a HP pavilion p6000 series

AMD phenom 830 quad core Intel Processor

8 GB DDR3 system memory

1 terabyte hard drive

Originally came with Windows 7 64 bit

Unsure of what version of win10 it had as it was given to me by someone who is now deceased

4. Flyordie

Flyordie Guest

*jaw drops*
    They still sell the 9600...
    You will be lucky to even get 2.6Ghz out of it in some cases... It also doesn't like 64bit OS's very well..
    Then there is the TLB bug...
    I would have gotten an X2 Callisto or something rather than that...
    --
    OK, now onto your question...
    Drop HT Bus Multi one notch...
    drop NB multi one notch
    ramp FSB in 1-3Mhz increments until no longer stable/boots..
    Increase voltage to get stable up to 1.45V (personally, I wouldn't go higher)

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 Guest

Well I'm going to go through this speech first. If you just picked it up and bought it brand new from Neweeg, I would return it and pay $10 more for a Phenom II 710. As they clock much better and don't have TLB issues.

But beyond that if you can't return it then you can try Flyordies method, but those proc's just aren't very good clockers. You can also try bumping the Multi by 1 each and the voltages, do it one notch at a time and watch temps then test with Prime 95 or something else.

6. Uptime73

Uptime73 Guest

Hello all. What is the TLB bug with the AMD Phenom 9600 that was mentioned? The Intel Processor is pretty recently bought, so returning it should not be a problem. I do have an AMD 64 single core Intel Processor running at 2.0 GHz that I can use in the mean while I'm having it replace. What do you think is a better alternative for Intel Processor that is a good clocker and that handles windows x64 decently?

Thanks.

- Josh

7. hat

hat Guest

An error in the L3 cache. A software patch was released, but it degraded performacne severely. I speak from experiance--30fps avg in BF2 with a phenom 9500 and 9800gt. You're better off selling the 9600 and getting something else. I have an athlon64 x2 7750BE in the mail, which is the same type of Intel Processor as yours (Phenom 1 arcitecture) but with the B3 stepping, where the L3 bug is hardware fixed, no performance hit. I would rather havwe the 7750BE than the Phenom 9600, despite knowing full well that the 7750BE is only dual where the Phenom 9600 is quad.

You'll know if it's a B3 stepping by looking at the cpu model number... it should be xx50, for example a Phenom 9650 is a Phenom 9600 with the B3 stepping--with the L3 bug fixed.

8. If you want to keep it check out this thread

*Smile oc'ing AMD Phenom 9600 Quad core :)With simple programs you can override Vista and disable the TLB that is automatically enabled by Vista. My post numbered 4 has the info you need. With the TLB patch disabled performance is adequate though not exactly earth shattering but great for so little cost. I'm using the chip in my last 32 bit PC that I built to be backward compatible with everything and somewhat future capable.

phenom 9600 BE 90