My Xiggy S1238 is weird :)

Dieses Thema im Forum "Overclocking & Cooling" wurde erstellt von runnin17, 28. Mai 2009.

1. runnin17

runnin17 Guest

My Xiggy S1283 is weird *Smile My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :)

Hey,

Got my Xiggy S1283 installed today. Unfortunately I don't have a crossbow, so I just used the pushpins. I will probably get a crossbow if I don't switch over to water in the next month.

Anyway, I was bummed at first b/c my idle temps were about 3-4C higher than with my Ultima-90. I was running a push-pull setup with two yate loon 120mm fans on the ultima-90. I'm just using the stock Xiggy fan on the S1283.

So I get to running Prime95 and my Intel Processor is rock solid stable and while the idle temps are setting around 43C, the load temps are about 4-5C better than my Ultima-90 was *Rockout :rockout:*Rockout :rockout:*Rockout :rockout: (running around 64C).

Maybe if I throw another fan on the Xiggy my idle temps will drop a bit. Any suggestions?

[trace]95497[/trace]

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 30. November 2018
  2. My windows is acting weird PLEASE HELP ANSWER MY QUESTION

I have a Windows Phone, a Nokia Lumia 928. There's a lot of problems with it, for example every time I turn it off there's a lightning bolt with a gear icon and it won't go away, my volume is messed up, every time I try to lower the volume it just stays
    at 30. Lastly, my back button is useless, it stop working and now I have to redirect to the home screen every single time!!! I am planning to switch devices if this keeps occurring.

3. My windows is acting weird PLEASE HELP ANSWER MY QUESTION

Restarting the device does not work.

4. Studabaker

Studabaker Guest

Someone here said that using the mounting plate lowered his temps 3-4C.

5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold Guest

You pretty much need the crossbow kit for 775 systems. Doesn't matter how many fans you throw on it, the crappy ass pushpins will be holding you back.

6. runnin17

runnin17 Guest

Yeah, that is what I figured. I was going to try and use the thermalright mounting plate that I already had installed, but I didn't have enough bolts with springs on them.

I'm just happy that my load temps are better. I held my breath every time I ran P95 with my Ultima-90 because the loads temps were reaching 70C at times *Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:

7. Studabaker

Studabaker Guest

Check your temps while running Linpack ("IntelBurnTest", OCCT uses it and so does LinX)

Best way to know just how good your cooling is *Big Grin My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :D

8. pepsi71ocean

pepsi71ocean Guest

you should use the bolt through kit, and also lap the heat sink with 1,500 grit sandpaper if you do it enough you'll get the copper marks on the sandpaper, then you know your making full contact, that will help lower temps even more.

9. runnin17

runnin17 Guest

*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:*Eek! My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :eek:

I ran that test and it passed everything, but the CPU temps got up to 76C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should bump my speed and voltage down until I have time to mess with the cooler setup.

10. pepsi71ocean

pepsi71ocean Guest

76 is ok by intel standards, however i never let my Q6600 pass 65c under 100% load. I believe that 60c should be a cut off although intel chips throttle back around 90something

However Xeon is FTW!!!

11. richardbel

richardbel Guest

yep you need to slow down your speed..

12. n-ster

n-ster Guest

S1283********** I was looking for s1238 everywhere until I realized that you typoed 3 times in a row *Stick Out Tongue My Xiggy S1238 is weird :) :p

13. phanbuey

phanbuey Guest

lol dont slow down your speeds... Linpack is about 150% more strenuous than anything you would do in the real world. Someone on TPU equated programs like linpack and furmark to putting your car in neutral and flooring it - to test the engine.

14. pepsi71ocean

pepsi71ocean Guest

+1, agreeded, ive never used the cpu to the same extent that i have with linepack or oCCT.

15. Mussels

Mussels Guest

decent enough analogy.

The idea with linpack testing is simple - if it doesnt fail that, it will NEVER fail.