HD 4870 Cooling

Dieses Thema im Forum "Overclocking & Cooling" wurde erstellt von TPU, 15. Juni 2018.

1. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I am using a stock(sorry) cooler on my hd4870 and i am really not happy with my temps. My vram is at freaking 92 degrees and the automatic fan control is set to only kick in after the temps go over 100, which is crazy, i know amd used to start fires in pc's but i thought they got over all of that nonsense ages ago. I want to know if there is a bios i can use to get my temperature thresholds lower, i dont wan't to use speedfan so does anyone know which bios would be okay to use for my card? It is a gecube hd4870 512. Also if there is one with 800/1100 gpu/ram instead of the 790/1100 that i have please direct me to it, i don't want to have to dig through all the bioses in the database here. Also, if anyone knows how i can get hold of a DHT freezer cooler ie force 3d, like the one i have on my other card please let me know, it manages to keep my ram at 70C and gpu at 50C no problem. I can't find anything other than coolers that were meant for the 38xx series and they need 120mm fans on them. Google came up mum.

[trace]76335[/trace]

2. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    cd-rom does not work

HD 4870 Cooling [​IMG]
    here
    is the screen shot

3. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
  4. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
  5. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I have the stock cooler and I am very satisfied, what you need is a better fan profile in your bios.

There are 3 modded bioses attached to my signature, I believe the 3rd one is overclocked to 795/1100, try it out..it does include a better fan profile.*Wink HD 4870 Cooling ;)

6. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    awesome! thanks dude. And I was looking at that accelero, but the pure massiveness of the damn thing is what discouraged me. If i could get a freezer DHT.... too bad they dont sell them.

And fastmix, if you were here right now, i would SO put out for these BIOSes.

7. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Can you not change the fan settings in the newer CCC ?.

8. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    +1 Yes you can!

9. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    yes, but the auomatic fan control leaves the gpu until it hits about 100 degrees on the ram before it does anything to deal with the cooling, and that is waaaay too high, i dont want my fan on all the time, i just want it to be a bit cooler with the auto setting. Does anyone know which bioc comes with the freezer dht force 3d card, cause i think i just bricked mine, had to swap everythin around in my case, and i just want to put it back how it was. I know that the bios is ion the database cause when i tried to upload it it told me it was already there.

10. TPU

TPU New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    think i found it it was the only 800/1100 one there, powercolour.

HELP: My force 3d card is not working. And i mean NOT at all, wont post etc etc,m i dont understand why because i flashed the OTHER card, not this one.

Edit 2: Um, WOW, just got it all going again and the bios that worked (ie the one that did NOT set my gpu clock to a supposed 2666.7 which is what the last one did) goes to 850: DAMN. wow. Can't wait to see how this one fares in crysis.

Also, the way the database is labeled for these cards should be more detailed, ie standard clocks, plus max clocks should also be included.

Edit 3: Okay, this bios is crashing, so if anyone knows which bios Force 3D Freezer DHT's use please tell me. I don't want to have to flash my bios without being sure which bios to use because it ends up with me screwing up my fingers and my cards from having to swap them around the whole time. Also it takes a lot of time which i dont have. So if you could identify which bios in the database is the one i had originally i will be grateful. Thanks.